Here at your Alexandria dentist, we value lifetime, preventative care. Many people hold off on orthodontic treatment for their children until they're older. But correcting orthodontic issues using Interceptive Orthodontics while your children are younger (3 to 13 years old) has been proven to stop the onset of more complex orthodontic problems later on.
Using Interceptive Orthodontics, we're able to help guide the proper development of teeth and spacing. By creating the necessary amount of room for teeth early on, the cost and time needed for orthodontics later in life can be greatly reduced or completely avoided in some cases.
Interceptive Orthodontics represents the first phase of malocclusion treatment, utilizing appliances to counteract bad habits such as thumb sucking in addition to laying the groundwork for proper spacing and jaw bone growth.
The Benefits of Interceptive Orthodontics at Neibauer Dental
- Often allows for alignment of teeth without uncomfortable metal wires and brackets.
- Affordable pricing (1/2 to 1/3 the cost of traditional braces).
- Reduces and often prevents the need for orthodontic treatment later in life.
- Help your children achieve an aesthetically-pleasing smile, but more importantly, correct dental issues and improve the quality of their health.
- Identify possible issues such as overbite, crowding, spacing, TMJ issues and treat early on.
- Allows us to monitor the development and growth of teeth to ensure correct alignment.
- Corrects harmful oral habits and can aid children undergoing speech therapy.
- Fast results ultimately resulting in fewer dental office visits.
- By correcting dental deformities early, your child will develop a more healthy self-esteem.
- Teeth in proper alignment are less prone to trauma and injury due to sports or other activity.
Signs that Your Child Could Benefit from Interceptive Orthodontics
- Early or delayed loss of baby teeth.
- Habits such as thumb sucking, mouth breathing or cheek biting.
- Teeth and jaw are disproportionate to their face.
- Underbite or overbite.
- Difficulty chewing and biting.
- Use of pacifier past age of 2.5 years of age
- Chronic allergy or airway issues.
For more information on Interceptive Orthodontics or to make an appointment, contact Neibauer Dental Care at 703-554-3500 today.